Chicken or a hearty fish can be substituted for the pork in this recipe. Simply adjust the time accordingly and make sure both are fully
cooked through before serving.
Plate Side: Grill
Griddler® Cooking Position: Open and flat with smoke-less
2 pounds trimmed pork shoulder
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon pepper
1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Pita bread, for serving, optional
Tzatziki*, for serving, optional
10 wooden skewers
Nutritional information per serving (1 kebab):
Calories 272 (73% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 16g fat 22g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 64mg • sod. 274mg calc. 19mg • fiber 1g
1. Cut the pork into 1-inch pieces. Season with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper. Put 1 piece of pork onto 1 of the skewers. Then add a piece of the onion (about 2 or 3 layers thick), followed by another piece of pork, a tomato, another piece of pork, onion and pork. Repeat with the remaining skewers and ingredients.
2. Turn on the Cuisinart® Smoke-less Contact Griddler®. Select Smoke-less mode and set both plates to Pork.
3. Once preheated, put the kebabs on the Smoke-less Contact Griddler® and set the count-up timer. Cook skewers, rotating until each side is browned, for about 25 to 30 minutes, until fully cooked through.
Alternately, skewers may be cooked in the closed position for about 6 to 8 minutes.
4. If desired, serve with pita bread and tzatziki.
* Tzatziki is a traditional Greek yogurt-based dip served with kebabs. It may be bought pre-made or can be made from scratch. Search Cuisinart. com for recipes.