This shortbread is perfect for linzer cookies.
- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour, plus additional for rolling
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2½ sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces and at room temperature
- ½ cup toasted pecan halves, finely ground
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup seedless raspberry jam
Per 1 sandwich: Calories 107 (47% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 1g • fat 6g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 13mg • sod. 26mg • calc. 1mg • fiber 0g
- Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Put the butter, finely ground pecans and sugar into the Cuisinart® mixing bowl. Insert the flat mixing paddle and mix on Speed 2 to combine. Increase to Speed 5 and cream the butter mixture until light and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as necessary.
- Decrease to Speed 2 and add the confectioners’ sugar. Mix until combined. Scrape down the bowl. Add the flour mixture, in 3 batches, and the vanilla extract; mix until fully combined and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as necessary. Dough should be one large, smooth ball when done.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into two equal pieces. Form each into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Reserve.
- Remove one dough disk from refrigerator. On a floured surface, roll the dough into an even 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round, fluted cookie cutter, cut rounds and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roll out and cut any remaining dough scraps in the same
- manner and transfer to the lined baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are very lightly browned on the edges, about 16 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely in pan.
- While the first batch of cookies is baking, roll out and cut the second dough disk with the same 2-inch cookie cutter. Make a second cut with a ¾-inch round cookie cutter in the center of each cookie. Roll and cut remaining scraps. Transfer cookies to baking sheets and bake as directed above.
- Heat jam either in microwave or on stovetop until just liquid – jam will be too runny if it is too hot.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread about ¾ teaspoon of warm jam on the center of the solid cookie. Then place the cutout cookie on top. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Store in an airtight container with cookie layers separated by wax paper.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!