2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
½ jalapeño, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
2 avocados, halved, pitted with flesh fully scooped out
1 mango, peeled, halved and pitted
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 309 • carb. 13g • pro. 31g • fat 16g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 127mg • sod. 598mg • calc. 11mg • fiber 4g
1. Put 2 pounds of chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces, in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm.
2. While chicken is in the freezer, prepare the *Mango Salsa*.
3. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ jalapeño, cut into 1-inch pieces and ¼ cup cilantro leaves to the work bowl.
4. Secure the Food Processor Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
5. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Dicing Disc Set. Dice the 2 avocados and then 1 mango on Speed 11.
6. Remove the Dicing Disc Set and add a teaspoon each salt and fresh lime juice.
7. Transfer salsa to a separate bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference. Cover directly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
8. Clean the work bowl.
9. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
10. Once the chicken is firm, add to the work bowl with the 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
11. Pulse to chop, about 12 long pulses, pausing in between each pulse for meat to drop to the blade. Scrape the bowl halfway through pulsing.
12. Form into 6 even burgers.
13. Preheat oven to 350°F.
14. Heat tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. When oil is hot and shimmers across the pan, add 3 of the burgers, so not to crowd the pan.
15. Brown each side until a golden crust forms, then transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining burgers.
16. Finish cooking burgers in preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
17. Serve, topped with salsa and a lime wedge, or serve on a soft bun like brioche or potato roll.