Serve alongside sausages, bacon and fresh fruit.
2 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c melted butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp. maple syrup
Loaf of Cranberry Foccacia (if not available can use Raisin Loaf)
No nutrition information available
(To make things totally ready for the morning, have buttered dish ready and brown sugar mixture mixed – just zap in the microwave to re-melt)
1. Combine 7 eggs, 2 1/2 c. milk, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2. Remove crust from whole challah (egg bread) and cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. Pour mixture over bread cubes and refrigerate overnight. Stir a few times if possible but not necessary.
4. Combine 1/2 c melted butter, 1 c. brown sugar, 2 tbsp. maple syrup.
5. Put bread into buttered baking dish and drizzle syrup mixture over the top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.