A quick and filling breakfast for people on the go. Packed with protein and vitamins to get you through the day.
1 Per Person
3 Whole eggs
2 Medium size potatoes(any kind)
½ Red Pepper
½ Green Pepper
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 rubber spatula
1 teaspoon Badia Complete Seasoning
½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
4 Strips of bacon
2 Slices of cheese(any kind)
2 8 inch pans
1 serving spoon
798 Calories.Calories 472.8 Total fat 34.7 g Saturated fat 17.0 g Polyunsaturated fat 3.6 g Monounsaturated fat 11.6 g Cholesterol 695.2 mg Sodium 547.3 mg Potassium 204.9 mg Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g Dietary fiber 0.4 g Sugars 3.2 g Protein 34.7 g Vitamin A 41.0 % Vitamin B-12 102.7 % Vitamin B-6 11.8 % Vitamin C 2.2 % Vitamin D 9.7 % Vitamin E 151.9 % Calcium 57.0 % Copper 2.0 % Folate 5.0 % Iron 12.3 % Magnesium 13.5 % Manganese 7.8 % Niacin 19.4 % Pantothenic Acid 4.6 % Phosphorus 53.6 % Riboflavin 65.8 % Selenium 14.3 % Thiamin 8.3 % Zinc 26.1 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Potatoes: Calories262.0 Total fat10.6 g Saturated fat0.0 g Polyunsaturated fat0.0 g Monounsaturated fat0.0 g Cholesterol0.0 mg Sodium601.0 mg Potassium0.0 mg Total Carbohydrate38.3 g Dietary fiber4.2 g Sugars0.0 g Protein4.7 g Vitamin A0.0 % Vitamin B-120.0 % Vitamin B-60.0 % Vitamin C0.0 % Vitamin D0.0 % Vitamin E0.0 % Calcium0.0 % Copper0.0 % Folate0.0 % Iron0.0 % Magnesium0.0 % Manganese0.0 % Niacin0.0 % Pantothenic Acid 0.0 % Phosphorus 0.0 % Riboflavin0.0 % Selenium0.0 % Thiamin0.0 % Zinc0.0 %
1. Clean potatoes thoroughly. Leave skin on potatoes. Use clean chef knife and cutting board, dice in 2 - 3 cm. Leave in bowel covered in water.
2. Use clean chef knife and cutting board chop onions to medium size. Use separate bowel to store onions. Set aside.
3. Use clean chef knife and cutting board chop green and red peppers to medium size. Combine with onions in bowel.
4 Drain water off of diced potatoes. Mix together in large bowel with onions, and peppers. Add seasoning and 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix together thoroughly.
5. Use clean chef knife and cutting board chop 4 strips on bacon to medium size.
6. Place pan on range top. Heat to slightly past medium and add bacon when pan reaches high point. Stir bacon continuously to avoid burning and sticking. Saute for 4 - 5 minutes then add potatoes.
7. Cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Reduce heat to avoid over cooking and burning.
8. Cover potatoes with lid and reduce heat to low to keep warm.
9. In clean medium size bowel crack 3 eggs. Beat eggs until completely mixed. Set aside.
10. In separate pan place on range top. Heat pan to medium to high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
11. Pour egg mixture in pan. With one rotate pan an with the other hand use rubber spatula to pull back the edges of the eggs and ensure uncooked egg mixture cooks in the pan.
11. When eggs like about done take 2 slices of cheese and place them next to each other center line of the your omelet. Then take a serving spoon size of potatoes an place them on top of the cheese that's right of the center line.
12. Fold the left side over to the right side.
13. Remove omelet from the pan with spatula and place on clean plate. Optional: garnish with cheese or parsley, etc.