These waffles offer great nutritional value- chocked full of protein, and are a good source of dietary fiber.
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 cup of steel cut oats
4 teaspoons baking soda
2/12 cups low fat milk
1/4 cup whey protein
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup of strawberries
1/2 Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
No nutrition information available
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, oats, and baking powder.
2. In another bowl, mix milk, oil, and eggs. Add to flour mixture and mix. Let batter set for 5-10 minutes.
3. Pre-heat waffle maker. Spray hot grids lightly with oil. Spoon waffle batter over grid and close lid.
4. Cook until done (mine took about 4 minutes for Belgian-style waffles)
5. Melt dark chocolate chips in saucepan.
6. Coat waffles with melted dark chocolate. Add shredded coconut to waffles.
Serve with strawberries and coconut cream if desired.