2 large pound loaf
Poolish (starter for dough)
¾ cup bread flour
2 pinches Instant yeast
²⁄³ cup water, lukewarm (no hotter than 105°F) Dough
1 cup water, room temperature
3 tablespoons honey
1¼ teaspoons Kosher salt
2¾ cups bread flour
²⁄³ cup whole-wheat flour
1¾ teaspoons instant heast
1 large egg whisked with 1
teaspoon water and pinch salt
1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
Nutritional information per serving (2 ounce slice):
Calories 139 (1% from fat) • Carb. 31g • Pro. 4g • Fat 0g • Sat. fat 0g • Chol. 0mg • Sod. 208mg • Calc. 3mg • Fiber 1g
White Program | Delay Start Timer: No
1. Put the poolish ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Using a spoon, stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Transfer the poolish to the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle. Add the dough ingredients in the order listed to the pan. Secure the bread pan in the
Cuisinart® Custom Convection Bread Maker.
3. Press Menu to select the White program. Press Loaf Size and Crust Color to select both size and crust preference. Press Confirm to confirm choices and
then press Start/Stop/Pause to begin the program.
4. When the paddle signal sounds, press Start/Stop/Pause to pause the unit; remove the dough and kneading paddle, reshape the dough, and replace in
bread pan. Brush liberally with the egg wash and then sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over top. Press Start/Stop/Pause to resume the program.
5. When the cycle is complete, remove the bread pan from the machine and transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.