This moist, quick bread is perfect for breakfast or for an afternoon snack.
Nonstick cooking spray
2¼ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon ground allspice
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
1 large zucchini, approximately 8 to 10 ounces
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup dried cherries or cranberries
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 194 (37% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 3g • fat 8g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 23mg • sod. 183mg • calc. 14mg • fiber 1g
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together 2¼ cups flour, 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon allspice, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg and a teaspoon each salt and baking powder. Stir together well.
3. Insert Metal Chopping Blade, add ½ cup walnuts. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set to toast for 5 minutes at 200°F on Speed 4.
4. Pulse to chop with Steam Cap in place, about 6 long pulses.
5. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
6. Shred the zucchini on Speed 12.
7. Reserve with the dry ingredients.
8. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 cup sugar and 2 large eggs to the work bowl. The processor is set to blend for 10 seconds on Speed 10.
9. Add the ½ cup dried cherries to the reserved dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Add dry ingredients to work bowl. Pulse until all ingredients are just combined, about 8 long pulses.
10. Scrape the bowl with spatula to ensure all ingredients are mixed and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
11. Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
12. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then turn the loaf out onto the wire rack to cool completely.