This dough can be used for more than just the obvious, although who doesn’t love homemade pizza? Visit our website, www.Cuisinart.com, for a variety of pizza, calzone and stuffed bread recipes.
1 cup warm water (105°F to 110°F)
1½ teaspoons granulated sugar
2¼ teaspoons (1 standard packet) active dry yeast
3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting and rolling
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for coating the dough
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 ounces, based on 12 servings for two, 12-inch crusts): Calories 114 (9% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 3g fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 286mg calc. 1mg • fiber 1g
- Stir together the warm water, sugar and yeast in the Cuisinart® mixing bowl. Attach the dough hook and let stand until the mixture is foamy and bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the yeast is proofing, combine the bread flour and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Once the yeast is foamy, add the flour mixture and olive oil to the bowl and turn the mixer on to Speed 2 until dough comes together as a ball and cleans the side of the bowl.
- Once dough ball forms, continue to knead on Speed 2 for about 4 minutes. Dough should be smooth and spring back to the touch. If sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until smooth. Alternatively, if the dough seems too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and form into desired crust size(s) or as directed by recipe.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!