Super GreensCuisinart Original Recipe
Rich in chlorophyll and vitamins,
this juice is a super health drink.
¹⁄³ cucumber, about 3 ounces
5 ounces assorted greens (kale, chard, beet greens)
1 cup packed spinach leaves
1 cup green herbs (parsley, cilantro, mint)*
2 medium celery stalks
2 medium carrots, about 8 ounces
1. Turn the Cuisinart® Juice Extractor to speed 3. Turn the unit on and juice the cucumber.
2. Increase to speed 5 and juice the greens, spinach, herbs, celery and carrots.
3. Stir juice and serve immediately.
* Juiced greens definitely have a strong flavor – experimenting with different types and amounts of herbs, like cilantro, gives the juice a nice herbal note.
Nutritional information per serving (10 ounces):
Calories 216 (9% from fat) • carb. 46g • pro. 11g
• fat 1g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 0mg • sod. 340mg
• calc. 233mg • fiber 2g
Notable nutrients based on daily percentages:
Vitamin A 1365% • Vitamin C 461% • Thiamin 28%
• Folate 67%
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: