Makes about 3½ cups
2 ounces Parmesan, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 medium shallot, cut in half
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup Arborio rice
2 tablespoons dry white wine
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 135 (25% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 6g • fat 4g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 7mg • sod. 534mg • calc. 92mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 ounces Parmesan cut into ½-inch pieces to the work bowl. Grate for 40 seconds on Speed 12.
2. Remove and reserve cheese. Wipe bowl clean.
3. Add medium shallot, cut in half to the work bowl with chopping blade in place. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
4. Replace Metal Chopping Blade with Stirring Paddle, scrape the sides of the work bowl, and add the tablespoon oil. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
5. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
6. Add 1 cup of Arborio rice. The cooking time is set for 2 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2, so that the grain edges are translucent.
7. Add 2 tablespoons white wine. Secure Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper with 3 cups chicken broth. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
9. Risotto will seem wet. However, it will continue to absorb liquid as it sits and as the cheese is added. Add reserved Parmesan.
10. Secure Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 1 minute at 85°F on speed 4 to stir together.
11. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.