This is a great appetizer for September-- I have brought it to many parties
- 5 Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 9" pie shell, baked
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
No nutrition information available
- Slice the tomatoes and let sit on paper towels to drain and remove excess moisture.
- In your Cuisinart food processor, process the basil & garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of mozzarella cheese with the mayonnaise, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the pie crust with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella. Layer the tomato slices over the cheese. Sprinkle basil & garlic over tomatoes. Spoon the cheese/mayo mixture over and then garnish with basil leaves. Bake in 375 oven for 35-40 minutes.
Note: If making your own piecrust, add herbs into the crust for an extra flavorful dish,