Growing up in the midwest means that meatballs were probably at every party you’ve ever been to. Bbq meatballs, Italian meatballs, some kind of unknown sweet sauced meatballs, its just a thing that we do. They are also easy to make and hard to mess up. Which is ideal when you are hosting a party and trying to cook four recipes in one day. Meatballs are also subject to experiment. Like my recipe philosophy, these little guys follow the rules for proportion. Because to make the perfect meatball, you need the perfect amount of meat to fat to spice ratio– don’t forget your binder (eggs+breadcrumbs).
2 lbs ground chicken
1/2 C. fresh sage leaves
1 package of bacon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 apples, peeled and brunoised
1/2 C. breadcrumbs
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chiffonade the sage, set aside with brunoised apples.
3. Put bacon in a food processor with eggs and bread crumbs. Pulse for about ten seconds or until bacon turns into a paste.
4. Spoon bacon mixture into large bowl, add ground chicken, sage, apples and salt. Mix thoroughly.
5. Form into small, inch diameter, balls and place on parchment papered cooking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.