This amazing appetizer utilizes summer freshness from tomatoes as well as brightens with fresh herbs and micro greens. This simple and delicious appetizer will make entertaining easier and healthier.
The non-profit I work for has 2 hydroponic greenhouses where a number of these great ingredients are grown so this supports our mission: To provide opportunities for people with disabilities, to develop and maintain independence in all areas of life.
• 1 cup tomatoes, diced
• ¼ cup onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped (Adding Thai basil added a bite and depth to traditional dish)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ½ cup balsamic vinegar
• ½ loaf French baguette, sliced into ½ inch slices
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
• 1 cup fresh micro greens (micro radish will add a bite to this dish)
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
No nutrition information available
1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.Toss to combine and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. Balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it boils. Continue to cook 4-5 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by half. Pour into a small bowl and set aside. It will continue to thicken.
3. Preheat over to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine olive oil and pressed garlic. Brush the top side of each bread slice. Bake on a sheet pan for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Top each slice of toasted garlic bread with a spoonful of tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Add a pinch or 2 of the micro green. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.