This seasoning blend is perfect for chicken pieces. You can either marinate with the herb seasoning (with oil) or you can add breadcrumbs and turn it into a fresh bread coating, excellent for cutlets. The breadcrumb mixture is delicious as a stuffing or topping for artichokes.
Makes ¼ cup (as a seasoning) or 1∕3 cup (as breadcrumb coating)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
½ teaspoon black peppercorns
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½-inch strip lemon peel, bitter white pith removed
1 teaspoon fresh oregano
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
¼ cup olive oil (optional)
3 to 4 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs (optional)
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon with no oil or breadcrumbs):
Calories 5 (14% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 0g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 287mg • calc. 10mg • fiber 0g
1. Put all of the ingredients into the chopping cup fitted with the chopping/grinding blade.
2. Pulse to break up and then process on High until the mixture is well chopped and combined, about 20 seconds.
3. If using as an herb seasoning, mix with the olive oil. If using as a breadcrumb coating, add the breadcrumbs to the seasoning in the chopping cup and pulse to combine.
4. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.