This tasty sauce is a perfect dipping companion for pretzels, chips, and crusty bread – a sure party pleaser.
1 medium shallot, peeled
1 jalapeño, seeded
1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
No nutrition information available
- Insert the metal chopping blade in the work bowl. With the unit running, drop the shallot and jalapeño through the feed tube to finely chop. Remove and reserve.
- Remove the chopping bade and insert the shredding disc. Shred the cheese and reserve.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables. Cook, stirring, until fragrant and softened.
- Stir in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add the broth, whisking continuously, until smooth.
- Whisk in the cheese a handful at a time, incorporating each handful before adding the next. Once all the cheese has been added, stir in the green chiles, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Serve warm.