Smoky bacon marries perfectly with crispy Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar adding a sweet-tart kick. This dish can be a showstopper as an appetizer or a side. Add another layer of flavor with fresh chopped herbs or your favorite nuts crumbled on top.
1-pound Brussels sprouts, halved
1/4 cup parmesan, grated
1/2-pound applewood bacon, thick cut, julienne
1/4 cup oil
1 small red onion, diced+
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon black pepper
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat Cuisinart 360 XL Griddle to medium-high heat.
2. Clean and cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
3. Grate a wedge of parmesan.
4. Julienne slice applewood bacon.
5. Spread bacon over griddle top, when it starts to crisp, flip the bacon. While cooking, ensure the bacon fat stays on the griddle and does not run off. You should yield enough fat to not need the oil.
6. Lay Brussels sprouts across griddle cut side down.
7. Cover with vent open.
8. Add onion to the griddle, cover, and cook until softened.
9. Flip sprouts and incorporate with bacon and onions.
10. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over sprouts mixture, combine and reduce.
11. Top with parmesan and black pepper.