Create a meal that the entire family will enjoy. Serve with guacamole and sour cream if desired.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces 1 cup hot salsa 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, cut into 4 pieces 1 medium red onion, peeled, one end cut flat 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, cut into 3 slabs 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cored, cut into 3 slabs 4 tortillas Vegetable oil cooking spray
367 calories (14% from fat) • carb. 46g • pro. 33g • fat 6g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 66mg • sod. 860mg • calc. 105mg • fiber 5g
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine chicken and salsa. Marinate for 30 minutes; discard salsa.
- In a Cuisinart® food processor fitted with the metal blade, process jalapeño pepper until finely chopped, about 10 seconds. Insert thin (2mm) slicing disc and place onion in large feed tube, cut side down. Slice using medium pressure; reserve. Insert standard (4mm) slicing disc and place pepper slabs in large feed tube horizontally. Slice using light pressure.
- Place tortillas, one at a time, in a Cuisinart® Hard Anodized Non-Stick 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Reserve tortillas and keep warm.
- Coat the same skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat and sauté onion and jalapeño until soft but not brown, about 4 - 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is opaque, about 3 minutes. Add pepper slices and sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1/4 of chicken mixture across the center of each tortilla, leaving a 2-inch border on the end closest to you. Fold the 2-inch border up and over the chicken mixture then fold in the sides to complete the wrap.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!