Adjust the amount of sugar in this recipe based on your liking and the natural sweetness of the strawberries—riper strawberries are sweeter.
Makes about 4 cups
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
⅓ cup granulated sugar (or less depending on sweetness of strawberries and personal preference)
Pinch kosher salt
2 pounds strawberries, hulled and halved
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 58 (5% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 1g • fat 0g
• sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 19mg • calc. 18mg • fiber 2g
1. Put all ingredients, in the order listed, into the blender jar. Secure lid.
2. Select Low and blend until fully smooth, about 15 to 20 seconds.
3. Pour strawberry mixture into 2 ice cube trays (they will be very full). Freeze until completely frozen, at least 12 hours.
4. When completely frozen, put one tray of the frozen strawberry cubes into the blender jar. Secure lid. Select the Ice Crush function. If a smoother consistency is desired, scrape down and run on Ice Crush again. Remove and reserve in a freezer-safe, airtight container and repeat with second tray.
5. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for up to 1 month.