This sweet, salty, and tart cookie is the perfect addition to your dessert table at any gathering.
1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup dry-roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¾ cup dried cherries
¾ cup white chocolate chips
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Insert the chopping blade in the work bowl of the food processor. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and process on Low to sift, at least 30 seconds. Transfer to a separate bowl; reserve.
- Reinsert the chopping blade in the work bowl of the food processor. Add the macadamia nuts and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a separate bowl; reserve.
- Reinsert the chopping blade in the work bowl. Add the butter and sugars, and process on Low until creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl as necessary.
- Combine the egg and vanilla extract in a liquid measuring cup. While processing on Low, pour the mixture through the feed tube, and process until combined. Stop to scrape down the bowl. Add the dry ingredients and process on Mix until no flour is visible. Use a spatula to create a well in the dough and add the chopped nuts, dried cherries, and chocolate, and process on Mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough into even golfball-sized rounds and place on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until just browned and set at the edges, about 20 minutes. Remove and allow cookies to cool before serving.