This old favorite is pure comfort food.
- cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
Nutritional information per serving (based on 10 servings): Calories 3681 (53% from fat) • carb. 39g • pro. 6g • fat 22g • sat. fat 9g • chol. 67mg • sod. 136mg • calc. 30mg • fiber 3g
- Place the rack in position B and preheat the toaster oven to 350ºF on bake setting. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie tin with cooking spray.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy. Stir in the sugars, beat until smooth. Stir in the melted butter. Add the flour, cocoa and salt; stir to combine. Add the vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts; stir. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until just barely set (pie will not test done in the center – do not over bake).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a rack before cutting. If you wish to serve it warm, let it cool to set, then re-warm gently for about 10 to 5 minutes at 200ºF. Cut into wedges and serve. Very good when topped with ice cream or frozen yogurt, and a drizzle of fudge or chocolate sauce.
Variations: Substitute milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips; substitute other nuts such as peanuts, hazelnuts or almonds.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!