A step above the traditional ice cream sandwich cookies. A perfect match for your favorite flavor. If you cannot find cocoa nibs, miniature chocolate chips can be substituted, or you can double the amount of pecans.
- ¹∕³ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1¹∕³ cups bread flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature and cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa nibs (Can substitute with coarsely chopped toasted pecans or miniature chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
Nutritional information per serving (2 cookies, not including ice cream): Calories 225 (42% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 3g • fat 11g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 39mg • sod. 89mg • calc. 18mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and espresso powder in a small bowl. Whisk to blend; reserve.
- Put the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the mixing paddle (or use a hand mixer fitted with the mixing beaters). Using medium speed, cream until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and mix until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and, using a low speed, mix until fully incorporated. Add the cocoa nibs and pecans and mix on low until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (about 1½ inches in diameter) scoop the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet (each round should be about 2 tablespoons). Use a cup to flatten each cookie mound down. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookie looks dry, but not firm. Let cookies fully cool before assembling.
- To assemble: Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop about 3 tablespoons of your favorite ice cream onto the flat part of one cookie. Place another cookie on top of the ice cream and press down until the ice cream just reaches the edge of the cookies. Continue with each set of cookies. Wrap each ice cream sandwich in plastic wrap and chill in a freezer until firm (about 20 minutes).
See more recipes on
Download it Today!