3½ cups self-rising flour, plus more for dusting
2 cups whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
3 cups water
1 tablespoon baking soda
coarse salt, to taste
No nutrition information available
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment.
- Add the flour to the work bowl fitted with the metal chopping blade. Pulse to sift. Add the yogurt over the top of the flour mixture. Pulse until the comes together to form a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Working with one piece at a time, roll each ball into a thin rope. Twist the dough into a pretzel shape and transfer to one of the prepared baking sheets. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and repeat with remaining pieces. Let the shaped dough rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Fill a small saucepan with the water and baking soda; bring to a boil over high heat.
- After the dough has rested and the water is boiling, carefully slide one piece of shaped dough into the boiling water and let boil for 10 seconds, flipping the dough once while cooking. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to drain, then return to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Sprinkle each pretzel with coarse salt. Transfer the baking sheets to the oven and bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the pretzels to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.