Our recipe is for a basic herb flatbread, but the possibilities are endless. See our note below for some other options, including stuffed bread.
- 1/2 pound prepared pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and stems discarded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 174 (39% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 4g• fat 8g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 306mg • calc. 3mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat grill in the closed position.
- While the unit is heating, roll out the dough to a rectangle slightly smaller than the plate, about 10 inches wide. Loosely cover with a piece of plastic wrap until ready to grill.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, stir together the oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Once the grill has preheated, remove the plastic and brush the rosemary/garlic oil on the top of the dough. Place the oiled side down on the bottom plate and then brush the other side (now the top of the dough). Close the unit and grill for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until dark golden grill marks are present and bread is cooked through. Sprinkle with salt, slice and serve immediately.
Note: There are countless variations of grilled flatbreads. You can grill plain, without any oil and then top with fresh or cooked vegetables. You can also stuff the bread – after grilling, carefully remove from the grill and cut in half horizontally. Our favorite is to brush with a pesto oil (pesto thinned out with a bit of olive oil), grated Parmesan and a bit of fresh mozzarella.
If using cheese, be sure that you leave a ½- to 1-inch border. Put the other half of the flatbread on top of the fillings and then put back on the grill. Cook until cheese is melted, an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!