Lemon curd is very good with scones, gingerbread, or pound cake. It can also be used to fill tartlets or meringues.
1cup unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
2cups granulated sugar
zest of 4 lemons
⅔cup fresh lemon juice
Calories 146 (51% from fat) ▪ carb. 17g ▪ pro. 1g ▪ fat 9g ▪ sat. fat 5g ▪ chol. 56mg ▪ sod. 12mg ▪ calc. 8mg ▪ fiber 0g
1. Place butter in a 4-cup microwave safe measuring cup or bowl and cover with waxed paper.
2. Place in the Cuisinart Compact Microwave and microwave on High (PL-10) to melt, 30 to 60 seconds. Stir in the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cover with waxed paper and microwave for 4 to 4-½ minutes, stirring after 2, 3 and 4 minutes of cooking, until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. In a 1½ quart microwaveable measuring cup or bowl with handle, beat eggs until frothy. While whisking the eggs, slowly add the hot butter mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly.
4. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on Medium-High (PL-7) for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until thick and smooth like mayonnaise. Do not boil or the mixture will curdle. When thick, whisk again until smooth.
5. Ladle into sterilized jars and let come to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate.