Makes about 10 cups
1 small head green cabbage (about 1 pound, 6 cups)
1 small head red cabbage (about 1 pound, 6 cups)
1 pound carrots (3 cups)
1 fennel bulb
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ cup fresh parsley
1½ cup mayonnaise
1½ tablespoons white vinegar
1½ teaspoons celery seed
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¾ teaspoon granulated sugar
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 153 (77% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 1g • fat 13g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 12mg • sod. 286mg • calc. 45mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 4mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Slice a small head each green and red cabbage (about 1 pound each) on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve in a large bowl. Replace the Slicing Disc with the Shredding Disc adjusted to coarse shred.
4. Shred the pound of carrots and fennel bulb on Speed 12.
5. Remove and reserve with the cabbage. Toss vegetables together with 1½ teaspoons salt and let sit for about an hour.
6. Replace the Shredding Disc Assembly with the Metal Chopping Blade and add ½ cup fresh parsley to the work bowl.
7. Pulse to evenly chop.
8. Add 1½ cups mayonnaise, 1½ tablespoons white vinegar, 1½ teaspoons celery seed, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and ¾ teaspoon sugar. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
9. The processor is set to blend for 20 seconds on Speed 10.
10. Squeeze out any moisture from the vegetables and drain.
11. Toss with the mayonnaise dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.