The crispy breadcrumb crust perfectly complements the soft, airy purée that’s even better than the best mashed potatoes you’ve ever had.
1½ pounds cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 8 cups)
4 ounces mozzarella, well-chilled*
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
¾ cup heavy cream
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
* it is best to put the mozzarella in the freezer for about 10 minutes, but no more than 15 minutes prior to shredding.
Nutritional information per serving (1/2 cup):
Calories 288 (53% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 9g • fat 17g
- sat. fat 11g • chol. 59mg • sod. 1035 mg • calc. 282mg
- fiber 2g
Active Time: 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle position.
- In a pot of salted water, bring cauliflower florets to a boil and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- While cauliflower is cooking, insert the medium shredding disc into the work bowl of the food processor. Shred the mozzarella on High. Reserve.
- Remove shredding disc and replace with the chop- ping blade. While cauliflower is still hot, add to work bowl along with the butter, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pulse until cauliflower florets are broken up, about 4 to 5 times, then process on High until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer cauliflower purée to a 1¼-quart baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs and the shredded mozzarella.Bake until breadcrumbs are nicely browned and cheese is melted, about 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!