Makes about 4 servings
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
4 cups roughly chopped greens (like Swiss chard, kale or spinach)
2 small garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound salmon, skin removed and cut into 4 portions
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 265 (13% from fat) • carb. 29g • pro. 28g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 45mg • sod. 460mg • calc. 245mg • fiber 4g
1. Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to the work bowl.
2. Toss 4 cups of roughly chopped greens with 2 small, crushed garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Place in the Steam Basket.
3. Put the skinless pound of salmon, cut into 4 portions on top of the greens. Season with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
4. Put the Steam Basket into work bowl with the quinoa and secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
5. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
6. An additional 8 minutes of cooking time is set at 205°F.
7. Allow the unit to rest, covered for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the Cooking Lid and the Steam Basket. Fluff the quinoa and distribute evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Place a portion of salmon on each and finish with the greens.
9. Top with sliced avocado and sprinkle lightly with salt. Serve immediately.