Serve with Apple Cranberry Salsa for something just a little different.
1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 pounds (about 10 - 12 inches in length)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 strips lemon zest (2 x ½-inches, about the zest of ½ lemon), bitter white pith removed
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon thyme (use 2 - 3 teaspoons if using fresh thyme leaves)
½ teaspoon black peppercorns
Calories 239 (37% from fat) · carb 1g · protein 35g · fat 9g · sat fat 3g · chol 87mg · sod 165mg · calc 5mg · fiber 0g
1. Tie the pork roast with butcher's twine at one - inch intervals to help it maintain a round shape for even cooking (a butcher will also be able to do this for you). The pork roast should be approximately 12 - inches in length, not doubled and tied. Rub the roast with the oil and vinegar.
2. Place the lemon zest, garlic, kosher salt, thyme, and peppercorns in the work bowl of the Cuisinart® DLC-2 Mini-Prep® Plus Processor. Process on Grind for 10 seconds, stop and scrape the work bowl, process on Grind 5 - 10 seconds longer, until the mixture resembles a coarse paste.
3. Rub the paste evenly all over the surface of the roast. The meat may be roasted immediately or covered loosely with waxed paper, and refrigerated for up to 8 hours (the longer the rub is on the meat, the more intense the flavor will be). If refrigerated for longer than 1 hour, take the meat out of the refrigerator 20 - 30 minutes before roasting.
4. Arrange the rack in Position A and preheat the Cuisinart® TOB-Series Toaster Oven Broiler to 450°F Bake Setting. Arrange the rack in the drip pan in the upper most position and coat lightly with cooking spray. Center the roast on the rack and roast in the preheated 450°F oven for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 325°F and continue roasting for an additional 35 - 45 minutes, until the temperature when tested in the center of the roast is 155 - 160°F.
5. Turn off the oven, transfer the roast to a warm platter, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Use the Cuisinart® CEK - 40 Electric Knife to carve roast into slices ¼-inch thick or less, as preferred.