Really this is a BATC, because we use arugula instead of the traditional lettuce, and add some Cheddar into the mix. You’ll wonder why you haven’t been eating BLTs like this all along!
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or unsalted butter, softened
- 4 to 6 slices cooked bacon*
- 1 plum tomato, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large handful arugula (approximately ½ cup packed)
- 2 ounces Cheddar, sliced (about 3 to 4 thin slices)
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
Nutritional information per panini:
Calories 509 (78% from fat) • carb. 12g • pro. 16g • fat 44g • sat. fat 16g • chol. 72mg • sod. 838mg • calc. 235mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat grill in the closed position.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the oil. Lay 2 slices of bread on a work surface, oiled side down . Build the sandwiches in this order: bacon, tomato, salt and pepper, arugula and cheese. Spread the mayonnaise on the non-oiled side of the remaining two pieces of bread, and then place on top of each sandwich, oiled side up.
- Place sandwiches on the bottom grill plate and close, applying medium pressure to the handle for 20 seconds. Grill panini for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are evenly grilled and golden.
- Allow panini to rest for about 2 minutes. Cut in half on the diagonal and serve warm.
* You can cook the bacon on the grill prior to cooking your panini. Grill bacon in the flat position with the feet in the tilted position, until fully cooked through and crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove and reserve on paper towels to drain. Carefully wipe excess oil from the plates. Close grill and keep unit on until ready to cook panini.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!