- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions (about 2 medium)
- 2 red or green bell peppers, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces provolone cheese (or American, cheddar or mozzarella)
- 4 oval sandwich rolls, sliced in half
- 1 pound of thinly sliced beefsteak (eye of round, or sirloin)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Calories 609 (37% from fat) • carb. 40g • pro. 53g • fat 25g • sat. fat 11g • chol. 126mg • sod. 918mg • calc. 394mg • fiber 2g
- Preheat Cuisinart™ Electric Skillet to 300º F; add oil and stir to coat surface. Cook onions and peppers together for 2 minutes; add 1/2 cup water and stir until onion/pepper mixture is soft and water has evaporated, about 3-4 more minutes. Remove mixture and keep warm.
- Warm buns until lightly toasted. Place 1-1/2 ounces of cheese on each warm bun. Raise heat to 350°F; season meat with salt and pepper. Sear each piece for 1 or 2 minutes per side, until nicely browned; do not overcook or meat will be tough. Place meat on cheese, and top with onions and peppers.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!