Makes about fourteen 1/2-cup servings
- 1⅓ cups whole milk, well chilled
- 1-⅛ cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1½ cups shelled pistachios, roughly chopped (use plain or lightly salted -- do not use red pistachios)
Calories 332 (69% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 5g • fat 26g • sat. fat 13g • chol. 73mg • sod. 32mg • calc. 79mg • fiber 1g
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of freezing, add the pistachios. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.