A simple and delicious sandwich to celebrate autumn – but can easily be enjoyed year round.
4 slices whole grain or multigrain bread
2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fig jam
12 ounces sliced turkey
1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
6 ounces sliced sharp Cheddar
Nutritional information per sandwich:
Calories 413 (40% from fat) • carb. 34g • pro. 29g • fat 14g • sat. fat 9g
• chol. 82mg • sod. 1499mg • calc. 355mg • f iber 5g
1. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the grill plates and preheat the top plate to 450°F and the bottom plate to 350°F.
2. While the grill is preheating, spread 1/2 tablespoon each of the mustard and fig jam on top of each slice of bread. Evenly divide the turkey, sliced apple and then the Cheddar on top of each piece of bread.
3. When the unit is ready, place the sandwiches on the lower grill plate. Using the cover height adjuster, close the upper plate so the hinge is set to the position where the upper grill plate sitting just above the cheese but not touching it.
4. Cook sandwiches for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!