When you don't want lots of leftovers to tempt you, try this little recipe. Preparation: 15 minutes or less, plus 30 minutes to bake.
Makes two 4-inch cheese cakes.
Cooking spray 1½ ounces chocolate sandwich cookies
½ tablespoon unsalted butter, cut in 4 pieces
8 ounces lowfat cream cheese, cut in 1-inch pieces
¼ cup sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons mini chocolate morsels
313 Calories (50% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 8g • fat 17g • sat. fat 9g • chol. 77mg • sod. 402mg • calc. 91mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® TOB-175 to 350°F. Lightly coat two 4 - inch (1¼ cup) springform pans with cooking spray.
2. Assemble the Cuisinart® SmartPower Duet™ Blender/Food Processor with the Food Processor attachment. Insert the metal blade.
3. Place the cookie pieces in the work bowl; pulse 5 times to break up. Add the butter and process 15 - 20 seconds until buttered crumbs are formed. Press into the bottoms of the two prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place in the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes to cool completely. When cool, wrap each pan in a sheet of aluminum foil so that it comes at least 1 - inch up the side. Do not wash the work bowl. Place the cream cheese and sugar in the work bowl. Process 10 seconds.
4. Scrape the bottom and sides of the work bowl. Add the egg and vanilla, process until smooth, 10 seconds; scrape the bowl and process for another 5 seconds. Add the mini morsels; pulse to blend in, 3 times. Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans. Place in an 11x7x2 inch pan.
5. Add hot water to the depth of ½ - inch. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, lift out of hot water carefully and place on a rack. Remove foil and allow to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. May be double wrapped and frozen for up to 1 month.