Makes about 1½ cups
1¼ cups whole milk, divided
4 large egg yolks
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 147 (54% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 7g • fat 9g • sat. fat 4g • Col. 228mg • sod. 59mg • calc. 147mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Stirring Paddle. Add ½ cup of milk, 4 large egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The processor is set for 1½ minutes on Speed 6.
3. Add the remaining ¾ cup milk. The cooking time is set for 14 minutes at 175°F on Speed 4.
4. Mixture should be thick. Should it seem to thin, add additional time in 1 minute increments. Be careful, if too much time is added the eggs will overcook.
5. Strain into a separate container to chill well in the refrigerator before using.