Impress your family with bakery-style cinnamon rolls in little as 40 minutes!
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon table salt
½ cup toasted, chopped pecans
¾ cup whole milk
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon table salt
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons whole milk
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Calories 410 (28% from fat) • carb. 70g • pro. 6g • fat 13g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 50mg • sod. 310mg • calc. 97mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Reserve.
2. Prepare the pecan filling. In a small bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together with a fork, reserve.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, egg and vanilla. It is important that all of the liquid ingredients are room temperature. Reserve.
4. In the bowl of the Cuisinart Hand Stand Mixer, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Fitted with the flat beaters, mix on speed 2 until combined, about 10 seconds. With motor running, slowly add the liquid ingredients.
5. Gradually raise to speed 4 and mix until well combined, about 30 seconds. Mix for an additional 15 seconds.
6. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Roll dough into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Sprinkle the reserved pecan filling on dough, leaving a ½-inch border. Carefully roll dough, starting from the bottom and working away from you, into a tight log. Cut into 8 equal pieces and place into the prepared baking pan; brush tops with the melted butter.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm and golden in color. While cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the glaze. Place the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla to a small bowl. Using the hand mixer off of the unit, fitted with the chef’s whisk attachment, whisk on speed 3 until well mixed with no lumps. Reserve until ready to use.
8. Note, you may have to whisk again right before using to smooth out the icing. Let the cinnamon pecan rolls cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Spoon the reserved icing over warm rolls.