Makes one 7-inch cheesecake
½ teaspoon + 2 tablespoons butter, divided
¼ cup lightly toasted, finely chopped hazelnuts
²∕³ cup chocolate cookie crumbs
1 cup lowfat ricotta
12 ounces lowfat cream cheese
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons half-and-half
¼ cup Frangelico
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup mini chocolate morsels
Nutritional information per serving (based on 8 slices):
Calories 366 (57% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 12g • fat 24g • sat. fat 11g
• chol. 89mg • sod. 411mg • calc. 210mg • fiber 4g
1. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a 7-inch springform pan with ½ teaspoon butter.
2. Combine remaining butter, chopped nuts and cookie crumbs. Press crust mixture into bottom of springform pan.
3. Place ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and cocoa in work bowl of a food processor and process 30 seconds; scrape sides and bottom of work bowl. Process another 30 sec- onds; scrape work bowl. Add eggs and process 20 seconds; scrape work bowl. Add half-and-half, Frangelico, cornstarch and vanilla; process 20 seconds (or mix using a hand-held electric mixer).
4. Pour into pan, sprinkle with chocolate morsels and swirl into batter. Place the rack in the ceramic pot of the Cuisinart® Slow Cooker. Place the springform pan on the rack. Cover and press the on/off button to turn the unit on. Set time to 2 hours and press High; slow cooker will automatically switch to Warm when cooking time has elapsed. Set timer to 30 minutes. Turn slow cooker off and let cheesecake rest in slow cooker for 30 minutes. Once the cheesecake has rested for 30 minutes remove it from the slow cooker using hot pads, and place on a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.