This dessert is definitely for the sweet tooth. While you can purchase dulce de leche from most grocery stores, we found that homemade is the way to go when it is the center of your dish.
nonstick cooking spray
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ to ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 loaf (1 pound) challah bread, cut into 1- to 2-inch cubes
¾ cup dulce de leche, plus 2 tablespoons (store-bought, or see website for recipe), divided
Nutritional information per serving
(based on 12 servings):
Calories 327 (35% from fat) • carb. 43g • pro. 10g
• fat 13g • sat. fat 7g • chol. 126mg • sod. 360mg
• calc. 199mg • fiber 1g
1. Lightly coat the cooking pot of the Multicooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, ¾ cup dulce de leche, salt and cinnamon. Whisk until frothy. Add the bread cubes and stir to fully combine. Add 3/4 cup of the dulce de leche and stir to incorporate
3. Transfer mixture to the prepared pot.
3. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture. Press down on the bread to make certain all of it is submerged.
4. Select Slow Cook on Low for 3 1/2 hours.
5. Once the time has elapsed, turn unit off and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of the dulce de leche on top of the pudding.
6. Serve immediately with freshly whipped cream.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!