An old favorite with a twist - dried cranberries and bits of crystallized ginger.
nonstick cooking spray
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¹∕³ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1½ pounds tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into ¼-inch slices
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
¹∕³ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 322 (26% from fat) • carb. 59g • pro. 2g • fat 10g
sat. fat 6g • chol. 23mg • sod. 80mg • calc. 38mg • fiber 4g
1. Lightly coat an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; reserve.
2. Preheat the toaster oven to 350°F on the Bake setting with the rack in
3. Put the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and melted butter in a small mixing bowl. Mix to combine until crumbs form; reserve.
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss the apples with the remaining ingredients.
Transfer to the prepared pan and top with the crumb mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until apples are tender.
6. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!