A delightful cake, perfect for brunch or tea.
2¼ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
3 teaspoons lemon zest
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup milk
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan well.
2. Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Reserve.
3. Place the butter in the Cuisinart™ mixing bowl. Insert the flat mixing paddle. Turn to speed 1. Cream butter for 30 seconds, then turn to speed 4 for 30 seconds.
4. Scrape both the paddle and bowl well. Reduce to speed 2 and add the sugar. Increase to speed 4 until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape both the paddle and bowl well. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix on speed 3 to incorporate. With the stand mixer running on speed 2, add the eggs one at a time. Beat each egg smooth before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla. With stand mixer running on speed 2, slowly add the dry ingredients and milk alternately, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. With the stand mixer running on speed 2, add the poppy seeds. Be sure to fully incorporate ingredients and be careful not to overwork the batter.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated 325°F oven for about 60 to 70 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool. When the pan is cool enough to touch, invert pan onto the wire rack in order to remove the cake. Leave cake right side up on rack until completely cooled. Serve.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!