A little bit of everything in this hearty start to the day.
- 1lb potatoes (new red or Yukon gold, or a mix of both), scrubbed and not peeled
- 1½ to 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or olive oil
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch dried thyme
- ¼ small onion, finely chopped (about ¼ cup chopped)
- 8 pre-cooked chicken breakfast sausages or uncooked, thin breakfast sausages
- 8 large eggs
Nutritional information per serving (2 eggs, 2 sausage links and ¼ of potatoes): Calories 408 (57% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 95g • fat 25g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 457mg • sod. 541mg • calc. 84mg • fiber 2g
- Put the potatoes into a large saucepan filled with salted water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just fork-tender. Reserve to cool.
- Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the griddle plate and the rollers on the bottom of the Grill, to High.
- While Grill Centro is preheating (about 10 minutes), cut the cooled potatoes into ½-inch pieces and put into a medium mixing bowl. Toss with the melted butter/oil, salt, pepper, thyme and onion.
- Place the sausages on the rollers and put the potato mixture on the griddle plate. Cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until fully cooked. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Once fully cooked, push to the right side of the griddle plate to keep warm. Reduce the temperature to Medium. (Check on sausages - they will only take 10 to 12 minutes).
- While the sausages are still cooking, break four of the eggs onto the griddle plate. Let cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Repeat with remaining eggs. Serve immediately with the sausages.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!