The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it as extravagant or simple as you want; here we go a little overboard and throw in just about everything.
- 60 tortilla chips (to cover the bottom of the baking tray)
- 3/4 cup refried beans (about 1/2 of a 15.5-ounce can)
- 1 small to medium tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup sliced black olives (if using pre-sliced 2.25 oz can, drain well)
- 1 cooked chicken leg, shredded (skin and bone removed and discarded)
- 6 to 8 oz shredded Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- salsa, guacamole and sour cream, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
Per serving (based on 10 servings): Calories 249 (47% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 10g • fat 13g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 28mg • sod. 448mg • calc. 154mg • fiber 2g
- Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Evenly distribute the chips in the prepared pan. Distribute the remaining ingredients over the chips, as evenly as possible, in the order listed.
- Put nachos into the oven with the rack in the upper position and set on Broil. Broil for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!