Treat yourself to this mildly spicy Indian specialty. It pairs well with a side of basmati rice.
2 tablespoons Curry Powder (page TK)
¼ cup coconut milk
½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
Curry Powder (makes about 5 tablespoons):
2 tablespoons whole coriander
2 tablespoons black peppercorns
2 teaspoons whole cumin
1 teaspoon cardamom seeds, hulled, casings discarded
¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
2 to 3 small, dried red chiles
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon whole cloves
Calories 240 (20% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 41g • fat 5g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 100mg • sod. 135mg • calc. 58mg • fiber 0g
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let marinated in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. After the time as elapsed, remove the chicken and thread onto the provided skewers.
3. Hang the skewers onto the roasting rack as instructed (page TK). Place in the Cuisinart® Vertical Rotisserie and set the temperature to 375°F. Set the timer to 25 minutes. Internal temperature should read 170°F.
1. In a dry skillet over low heat, place the coriander, peppercorns, cumin, cardamom, mustard, fennel seeds, and chiles. Roast the seeds slowly until the seeds begin to pop, be careful not to burn.
2. Place all in the bowl of the Cuisinart® Spice & Nut Grinder. Add the turmeric, ginger, and cloves. Process spices together until completely ground, about 30 seconds.
3. Use immediately or contain in a sealed glass jar. Store in a dry, cool place.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!