Selector: Griddle Plate Side: Half Grill/Half Griddle
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 smashed cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + extra for brushing tortillas
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt pinch
- cayenne pepper
- 12 small (6-inch) corn tortillas
Nutritional information per fajita: Calories 106 (29% from fat)• carb. 10g • pro. 9g • fat 3g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 57mg • sod. 146mg • calc. 55mg • fiber 1g
- Combine the marinade ingredients (cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, garlic, jalapeño, and olive oil) in a medium stainless or glass mixing bowl and stir. Add the shrimp to marinade and refrigerate for an hour.
- Insert one plate on its grill side and another on its griddle side on the Cuisinart® Griddler®. Select Griddle and preheat to 425°F with the unit closed.
- In a mixing bowl toss sliced peppers and onion with the tablespoon of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of chili powder, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and cayenne.
- When green indicator light illuminates, open the unit to extend flat and place vegetables on the grill side in a single layer, cooking them in two batches. Stir the vegetables occasionally during cooking and remove when tender and browned, about 8 minutes per batch; reserve. While second batch of vegetables is cooking, brush tortillas with oil, and begin to warm 1 to 2 minutes per side on the griddle. Reserve.
- Sprinkle shrimp with ¼ teaspoon of salt and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve all fajita ingredients with salsa, sour cream, and sliced avocado so each individual can prepare their own.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!