Sliced, seared tuna makes for a beautiful presentation, whether on top of a salad,
or alongside some grilled vegetables.
Griddler® Elite Cooking Position: Closed
Plate Side: Grill
2 teaspoons sea or kosher salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon chipotle pepper (or substitute pinch of cayenne)
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 pound tuna steak (about 2 small steaks, each 1½ inches thick)
1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, in a shallow baking dish or plate
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 311 (25% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 56g • fat 8g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 88mg • sod. 2293mg • calc. 11mg • fiber 0g
1. In a small bowl, mix the salt and spices together. Rub onto tuna and then coat the fish on both sides with olive oil.
2. Fit the grill with the griddle plates and preheat both plates to 450°F, then set both plates
3. Place the tuna on the lower griddle plate. Close the unit and using the cover height adjuster, adjust the upper plate so it is just resting on the top of the fish. Grill for 2 minutes on SEAR for rare tuna, or add an additional minute at 450°F for medium-rare/medium.
4. Allow steaks to rest for a few minutes before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!