Tangy capers, earthy artichokes and sweet cherry tomatoes brighten the flavor of this mild whitefish.
12 ounces cod fillet, cut into four 3-ounces fillets
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup black oil cured black olives, pitted and halved
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons drained capers
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 144 (34% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 17g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 37mg • sod. 705mg • calc. 16mg • fiber 3g
1. Preheat oven on Bake at 425°F with the rack in the middle position. Line the baking pan with parchment paper; reserve.
2. Rinse and pat the fish dry.
3. Spread the artichokes, tomatoes and olives in center of the baking pan, and evenly arrange the fish fillets on top. Season with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil and lemon juice all over, and evenly distribute the capers.
4. Bake until the fish is just cooked through, and flakes easily with a fork, about 12 to 17 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.