Perfectly steamed soft “boiled” eggs are the ideal topping for avocado toast. The unique flavor and creamy texture of avocado blends deliciously with the eggs.
4 slices hearty bread
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, pitted
¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch chili flakes (preferably Korean style, if available)
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 298 (54% from fat) / Carb. 24g / Pro. 11g / Fat 18g / Sat. Fat 4g / Chol. 186mg / Sod. 386mg / Calc. 52mg / Fiber 4g
2. Put the eggs onto the tray inside the steamer. Secure lid.
3. Select Manual, set timer for 8 minutes and press Start.
4. While eggs are cooking, prepare the toast. Brush one side of the bread with the olive oil. Toast to desired doneness in either a toaster oven or wall oven. Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the salt. Divide the avocado mixture among the four pieces of toast; reserve.
5. Once timer expires, immediately transfer eggs to the ice-water bath to stop the cooking process. Allow to sit for 1 minute and then remove from the water and remove the shell.
6. Quarter each egg on top of each avocado toast. Sprinkle with the chili pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!