Cake/Quick Bread Program
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Nutritional information per serving (1 ounce): Calories 106 (26% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 2g • fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 4mg • sod. 157mg • calc. 6mg • fiber 1g
- Coat the inside of the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle with nonstick cooking spray. Place all ingredients, in order listed, into the bread pan and secure the pan into the Cuisinart® Automatic Bread Maker.
- Press menu button to select the Cake/Quick Bread program. Press Start/Stop to mix and bake. While the batter is mixing, scrape the sides of the bread pan with a rubber spatula to fully incorporate ingredients.
- When cycle is complete, remove from bread pan and place on wire rack to cool completely for best slicing results.