Makes one pizza (about 12 inches)
½ recipe *Pizza Dough*
2 ounces Parmesan, cut into 1-inch cubes
8 ounces mozzarella, well chilled
2 plum tomatoes, ripe but still firm
6 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 222 (41% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 10g • fat 10g • sat. fat 4g • Col. 15mg • sod. 425mg • calc. 103mg • fiber 1g
1. Prepare the *Pizza Dough* and allow to rise. Position an oven rack about 8 inches from the top. If using a baking stone, place it directly on the rack.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes.
3. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 ounces cubed Parmesan into the work bowl.
4. Secure the Food Processor Lid. The processor is set to grate for 40 seconds on Speed 12. Remove and reserve.
5. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred.
6. Use light to medium pressure to shred 8 ounces of chilled mozzarella on Speed 12. Remove and reserve.
7. Replace the Shredding Disc with the Slicing Disc adjusted to 4mm. Cut a small, even slice from the stem end of 2 plum tomatoes so they will sit flat in the feed tube.
8. Arrange the tomatoes, cut side down, into the large feed tube and slice on Speed 12, using medium pressure. Remove and reserve on layered paper towel.
9. Once the dough has risen, punch down. Let rest for 10 minutes. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough out to a 12 inch round.
10. Place on a perforated pizza pan or a pizza screen or baking sheet (if using a baking stone, prepare on a pizza peel or baking sheet without sides that has been well sprinkled with cornmeal).
11. Brush pizza with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella. Arrange the sliced tomatoes on the cheese.
12. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden and crispy and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Rotate pizza halfway through cook time for even baking.
13. Remove from oven. Tear 6 basil leaves and sprinkle evenly on pizza.