Chef Matt Jennings of Full Heart Hospitality made a series of recipes on the Cuisinart Woodcreek Pellet Grill & Smoker. He was inspired by the 4-in-1 features of the Woodcreek, seasonal ingredients, and shareable fun family foods. Matt’s Bangin’ Green Chili Quesadillas are the perfect centerpiece for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations with friends and family.
2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound Grilled chicken, pulled and coarsely chopped
4-oz can Diced green chilies, drained
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Chili powder
1 teaspoon Ground cumin
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
½ cup Medium or mild salsa
8 12-inch flour tortillas
2 cups Grated jack or cheddar cheese
No nutrition information available
- Set up the Cuisinart Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill to accommodate the ceramic insert and pre-heat on SEAR.
- Place a cast iron pot or deep edge pan over the ceramic insert and pre-heat for 5 minutes. Once pre-heated, drizzle the oil in a cast iron pot.
- Add pulled chicken meat and cook, breaking up meat.
- Add green chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add salsa and cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place cast iron griddle over ceramic plate. Close the lid of the grill to pre-heat.
- To assemble quesadillas, on a cutting board, top each tortilla with ⅛ of the chicken mixture and ⅛ of the cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 quesadillas.
- Toast the quesadillas on the cast iron griddle with the Woodcreek lid open, about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces (most easily done with scissors) and serve immediately.